Friday 25 April 2014

Digital Abstract

Colour Pop
The concept of this digital abstract piece was to show a contrast of colour and darkness. This image portrays energy and excitement with the bright pink focal point to catch attention. The colour palette I used were darker blues and greens and black with bright pink and purples and some more softer colours.
before

Comic Book Ready
This is an over paint image of Rihanna. I wanted to make her look like a cartoon or comic book character so I sectioned different parts and dropped colour in them.The background colour is a subtle green-yellow colour to have the complementary green and red in the photo. The theme in this image is very childish and bright.

Intensity
For my final digital image, I did another over paint, but of Zac Efron. I hoped to make his eyes the focal point so I made them a bright, but softer shade of blue. I decided to have a blue background too, so that the colour palette blended analogously. The emotion shown in this picture is definitely intensity, as though it looks like Zac is staring straight through you.

1 comment:

  1. Cassandra, you did a fabulous job on the overpainting. They two styles are quite different and the faces are recognizable. Well done. The abstract is less intriguing. The lines seem blurred, which may be a feature of the program you used. I would also suggest that cropping it so there isn't while on both sides might make it more interesting. I am impressed with your focus and speed of work.

    ReplyDelete