Thursday 20 February 2014

Andy Warhol

Image 1
Image 2




Image 3
Original
For my first image, I decided to do warm colours/monochromatic colours. I chose these colours because I find that the shades of reds and pinks look very nice together.


For my second picture, I wanted to do cool colours, so it would be opposite of the first picture.


Lastly, for my final Andy Warhol I decided to do secondary colours; purple, green, and orange. I wanted to do my last picture this way because my first two didn't have the same colours in them as this one does so I tried to get as many colours as I could into the last one.

1 comment:

  1. Cassandra, good job getting this task done despite the snow day. I see that you're trying to use the colour vocabulary. Yes, the first two are analogous (side by side not really monochromatic) warm and cool colours. Did you realize the third version is all secondary colours (green, orange and purple)?
    As for the image itself. I know you struggled to get the right lighting on your face and I think this one has a nice balance of face shadow and hair highlight. I'd like you to consider cropping it. You don't need even background like the yearbook photo. Try taking some off the top, just leaving a bit above the hair. Then you can also take some off the left so it comes right up to your hair. This puts your face more off centre and minimizes the strength of the background colour.
    Also, your face colour has crept in to your right eye. If you zoom in and draw in your lower lid using the pencil and black colour, then the eye can be put back to white.

    Don't be satisfied with a first try. Some of the best learning happens with revisions.

    ReplyDelete