Friday 28 February 2014

Overlays

























The first overlay I did was the pinkish purple lightning bolt, for this image I cropped it so that the focus was on the left side of my face. I kept the background black because it made the lighting bolt stand out more. What I would have done better is the eye, I can see that i missed a little part in the corner of my eye that didn't get erased before i saved it                                                                           as a jpg.

The second picture i personally think turned out a little better just because of the eye and how it fades on my neck and right side of my face to make it look like the overlay is actually a part of my face. I also didn't put a background colour or gradient because it overpowered the colours on my face. Also, before i started both of my overlay faces, I changed th elevels so that the side of my face was darker and it would look more realistic.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray, a photo of your that shows good contours. You did an excellent job cropping this image. Amazing that you could get a left and right layout from the same photo. Well done!
    I like how you handled the background. The darkness seems to blend smoothly into your face shadows rather than just being a flat black backdrop.
    Of the two, I think I prefer the lightening bolt. I didn't notice the eye issue until you told me about it. In the second version it's not really clear to me what the texture is.
    As for your reflection...arrrgh...please use capital I for the pronoun. You left a lot of detail out of your description making the task sound much easier than it was. Sometimes it helps to keep a list as your working and you'll see how much you really did to alter the image.

    ReplyDelete