Monday 26 May 2014

Macro Photos

Isolation
original

This particular dandelion stood out to me because of how perfect it was. It had almost all of the white fluff left on it and it was alone in an area filled with yellow dandelions. The design concept that this photo illustrates, is texture. The white fluff is very easily identified and very close so that you can see every detail of it, but still are able to tell what it is. First of all, I cropped the picture so that the dandelion was not in the middle of the page, for the Rule of Thirds, and to get all of the other distractions out. I wanted the dandelion to really stand out and be the focal point, so I increased the saturation and contrast to make it pop.

Together Forever  

original

These cute little flowers caught my attention because they popped out against the grass. Since these flowers look like they are meant to be together, I kept them together instead of cropping one out and getting a closer picture of one. This picture's concept shows balance, without having the focus on only one flower, the focal point in them both. I cropped the original picture a little closer to the white flowers, and decreased the saturation all the way, and I thought it made it look more interesting then the original.

Bee Happy
original
 Getting this picture was very lucky, I saw that the bee had landed on the one dandelion and quickly got this picture of it. The design concept in this picture is balance because of the smaller dandelion behind the one with the bee on it. I cropped the image a little different then usual, but still not having it in the center of the picture. I also increased the saturation to brighten the effects of the yellow petals. The bee is the focal point in this picture. I really like this picture because it has a very happy feel about it.





1 comment:

  1. Cassandra, you've got some beautiful images here. The double dandelion is my favourite. You're right that luck has a part in getting a good photo. You need to be watching for opportunities like that bee. The cropping is very nice with the asymmetrical wide landscape format. The dandelion that had gone to seed is also very well cropped. The detaiI is very crisp and the increased saturation works well. The B & W is my least favourite. In my opinion the background loses detail in grayscale. The colour version has much better contrast, and the concept is very clever. Well done!

    ReplyDelete