Thursday 8 May 2014

Photo Restoration

After
Before


After
This photo had a big rip right through the middle of the baby's face and was crinkled in many other places also. So first of all, I changed the photo to black and white and then cropped a bit off of the top and bottom to take out unnecessary fixes more easily. Next, I used the clone stamp for the rest of the photo to get it back to its original glory. The mouth was the trickiest part to fix, but I am happy with the outcome.
Before

Now, this photo wasn't as harshly damaged as the first but had a lot of wrinkles in the background and on the older girl. For this picture I also cropped a bit of the left side out and some of the bottom where the older girl's pants were very destroyed. I changed it to black and white and clone stamped the other blemishes out. The hardest part in this picture was the line going through the girl's face and body. I tried my best to get rid of it and it was as good as I could get it.
After

Before


















This picture had the most damage done to it and was especially hard because of all the different patterns on the wallpaper, rug, and the little kid's outfit. Not only in the background was it badly damaged, but also in parts where lots of detail was, like on the side of the bike where the dots are and the hands and face of the child. First of all, I converted the photo to a different shade of black and white, then I cropped some wall off of the top of the picture and very little off of the bottom and right side. I used the clone stamp for the rest of the picture, paying careful attention to all of the little details. This picture took the longest time to complete.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Not only did you do excellent quality work but you got all three images done! You are a superstar. The repairs are very convincing and your write up is clear and detailed. I can ask for nothing better. Superb!

    ReplyDelete